This page was last updated on August 10, 2022. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
We take your health and safety seriously and are committed to providing a safe environment for all in-person participants of the Sustainable Protein Forum.
To promote the safety of everyone at the conference, AOCS will follow the guidance and requirements of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state of Illinois, city of Chicago, the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago, and other local regulations regarding COVID-19 safety practices.
AOCS acknowledges that both local regulations and CDC guidance may change before our October conference. We will continue to update this page as new guidance is developed. Registered attendees will be notified of any changes to this policy.
By registering for the Sustainable Protein Forum in-person, you agree to follow all current AOCS, local, state, and CDC guidelines that are in place at the time of the conference. You also voluntarily accept the inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases and agree to not hold AOCS or its representatives liable for any illness related to that risk. Should any of our in-person registrants experience COVID-19 symptoms or otherwise feel unwell at the time of the event, AOCS will work with registrants to best accommodate them with the online experience.
See the full COVID-19 safety plan below for details.
Failure to adhere to the following requirements could lead to removal from the venue or other disciplinary action.
Masks and Onsite Safety Measures
AOCS encourages all participants to do what is best for their personal wellbeing; therefore, we will offer optional masks (unless public health authorities reinstate a mask mandate, in which case masks will be mandatory) and we will have hand sanitation stations at the Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago. We will also have a supply of rapid tests available free of charge onsite and strongly encourage participants to test should they feel unwell at any point during the Forum.
Additionally, the following facilities offer rapid testing near the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago:
- CVS at 175 W. Jackson Blvd (2.1 miles)
- Walgreens at 501 W. Roosevelt Road (4.6 miles)
- Walgreens at 3401 W. Roosevelt Road (7.2 miles)
AOCS strongly recommends that all in-person participants of the Sustainable Protein Forum be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines, but it is not a requirement to attend.
Before Traveling to Chicago
- Please check the websites of your airline, airport(s), car rental, and hotel accommodations to review their health and safety protocols. Learn more about COVID-19 protocols at O'Hare International Airport and Midway International Airport.
- Review the country-specific COVID-19 requirements provided by the U.S. Department of State.
- Pack an ample supply of face coverings for travel and throughout your stay in Chicago.
In Order to Attend the Forum, Individuals Must:
- Review and accept this safety plan when prompted during the registration process;
- Abide by all safety and health requirements and protocols for the Event including, but not limited to, those protocols consistent with the guidance and recommendations of public health agencies for slowing the transmission and exposure to COVID-19 in effect at the time of admittance to the Forum;
- Monitor their health for any symptoms of COVID-19;
- Not attend the Event if, within ten (10) days prior to the Forum, they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, unless they have fully satisfied the CDC-recommended Isolation Guidelines prior to attending the Forum;
- Not attend the Forum if they were exposed to COVID-19 within five (5) days prior to the Forum and are not Up To Date on COVID-19 vaccinations. Note: Per current CDC Guidance, individuals who are up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations do not need to quarantine but should get tested at least 5 days after they last had close contact with someone with COVID-19;
- Withdraw their in-person attendance at the Forum should they experience any symptoms of COVID-19 during the Event or if they test positive for COVID-19 during the Event; and
- Abide by any other policies, protocols, procedures, or other directives from AOCS or public health authorities in connection with the Forum.