Join Us for the 2022 Sustainable Protein Forum
We look forward to seeing you at the fourth annual Sustainable Protein Forum! Join us at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel in Chicago, USA, or online, to discover the latest breakthroughs in sustainable protein science and technology. As an attendee, you will gain insights from thought leaders in nutrition, edible applications, processing, and manufacturing of alternative protein-based foods.
If you are interested in attending in person in Chicago, Illinois, USA, please review our COVID-19 Safety Plan to learn how AOCS will make your safety a priority.
The Sustainable Protein Forum uncovers the latest research and development on sustainable proteins and brings together leaders from all components of the food system — from production and processing to distribution and consumption. As an attendee, you will be able to:
- Join a global community at the forefront of alternative protein research and development.
- Learn from leaders in industry, government, and academia who are propelling groundbreaking innovation in the product design, cellular technologies, and economics of sustainable protein.
- Unlock the solutions to challenges in sustainable protein research and development from industry thought leaders.
Explore Technical Sessions
The 2022 Sustainable Protein Forum Technical Sessions provide an immersive look into the latest alternative protein research and innovations. Whether you attend live or online, you will have access to the following interactive technical sessions:
- Food Proteins, Sustainability, and the Circular Economy
The next decade will see a dramatic dietary shift toward more plant-based and alternative proteins. How will we reconcile the creation of new protein-rich foods that are not only sustainable but also affordable and highly nutritious?
- Structure Function Relationships of Food Proteins
The functionality of proteins extends beyond their nutritional and biological roles. Foods are complex structures and proteins are increasingly utilized to underpin successful food innovation within diverse environments and conditions.
- Emerging Perspectives for Product Design
Sustainable protein ingredients often come with unique origins and use innovative production processes, both of which have a significant impact on product design.
- Fermentation and Cellular Technologies: Promises and Challenges
Global population growth and dietary changes that accompany rising standards of living are placing tremendous pressure on the systems that provide sustainable protein to the planet. This session will explore new possibilities for protein and food production through fermentation and cellular technologies.
Reserve Your Hotel Room
Stay at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel, the location of the 2022 Sustainable Protein Forum, for a convenient and enhanced experience.
Reservations at the AOCS special rate are available now! Book your room today to enjoy reduced prices and an exemplary cancelation policy.